Books that I read this year...
Deathly Hallows (three times!)
Atonement
In Company of the Courtesan
Saturnalia
Mists of Avalon
The Namesake
Movies I saw in the theater...
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (by far my fave in the series)
Bourne Ultimatum
Knocked Up
Hairspray
The Lookout
Jane Austen Book Club
Shows I watched on TV...
30 Rock -- never go with a hippie to a second location..
The Office -- anyone else want to start a Finer Things club with me?
Friday Night Lights -- clear eyes, full hearts
Mad Men -- the Kodak Carousel scene might be one of the best ever
Life -- slowly grew on me
Gossip Girl -- the guilty pleasure I never manage to feel guilty about
...and on DVD
The Wire: Season 3 & 4
Bleak House
Elizabeth I
Prime Suspect
Lost
North and South
Songs of (my) year...
JT - Love Stoned
Eels -- Fresh Feeling (released several years ago but undiscovered by me until now)
Timbaland -- The Way I Are
Rogue Wave -- Lake Michigan
The Raconteurs -- Steady As She Goes
Amy Adams -- That's How You Know
Blogs I read semi-regularly this year...
The Big Lead (sports)
What's Alan Watching (TV)
TV in Japan
Deadline Hollywood Daily (movie & writer's strike news)
Design*Sponge
Drawn!
in online video...
Prisoners do the Thriller
D*** in a Box
Human Tetris
The Landlord ("I need to get my drink on")
Ginger Kids (Harry Potter + South Park + Gingerism = Hilarious)
Harder Better Fast Strong Hand Jive
Places I went...
New York City (for the first time!)
1924 Main -- yum.
Austin, TX -- imagine that, a place in Texas I can't wait to revisit!
Jersey Boys -- on opening night in Chicago, no less
JP Winebar -- my new KC fave
Home
Professional accomplishments...
Passed another bar
Settled a case all by myself
Took my first deposition
Tried my first case (for a month, no less)
Hit my hours goal in my first full year of work
Making someone cry -- and having a tissue to hand her
Times I had this year...
Two amazing weddings...after two great bachelorette parties
A's visit to KC
Hosting The Office premiere party (complete with Chili's, Schrute Bucks, and Stanley Nickels)
Every girls' night
Meeting friends' new babies for the first time
The night out "on the town" over X-mas
No comments:
Post a Comment